When life gives you lemons, The B Fund provides you with Lemon-AID and some delicious sweets!
Now that summer is here, we are able to spend more time outside. Between taking walks, riding bikes, and playing in the yard, the warm weather provides a number of fun activities the whole family can enjoy!
The warm weather is also a great time to reflect on the needs of our communities and the ways in which all family members are able to give of their time, talents, and treasures to make the world a better place. With more opportunities to get outside and be engaged, how will your family give back this summer?
Since its founding, The B Fund has encouraged local families to participate in its signature Lemon-AID Stand and Bake Sale. This event is a wonderful opportunity to get your family outside and involved with friends and neighbors.
We are calling on YOU to invite your friends, family members, and neighbors to host a Lemon-AID stand to give back to families caring for critically ill children. All participants will be entered to win a family pack of Zoo New England tickets to thank you for your efforts!
Want to get involved, but you’re not sure where to start? Here are some tips to help you plan your Lemon-AID Stand!
- Determine WHEN and WHERE you will host your Lemon-AID Stand. Start thinking about the size of this event. Where is the best place to set this up? Choose a location that makes sense for your participants and will garner enough foot traffic. Maybe that’s your front yard, or maybe you can head over to the nearest park or another public place! Then, make sure you choose a date and time that work for everyone involved.
- Spread the word! Distribute flyers and send invitations to friends, family members, and neighbors! Even utilize social media to let everyone know that you’re making Lemon-AID!
- Determine your recipes and gather ingredients. Will you make your Lemon-AID from scratch, or use a mix? Will you serve any baked treats? If so, be sure to make your sweets nut-free so that everyone can enjoy them!
- Gather all of your supplies. You will need cups, napkins, a table, a cash drawer, and a pitcher and stirrer for your Lemon-AID. Be sure to have these items ready in advance of your stand so you’re prepared for success!
- How much will your Lemon-AID cost? Typically, $0.50 is the going rate, but the choice is yours!
- Get crafty. Make a beautiful sign to display in front of your stand.
- Lights, camera, ACTION! Have your camera ready to document your efforts!
Once you’re finished hosting your Lemon-AID stand, share your success! Use the hashtag #thebfund #Bfundlemonaid to show us your work.
Now that you’ve ironed out those details, you’re ready to go! To receive a copy of our Lemon-AID Sale Resource Kit, or learn more about activities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.