For some little girls, their long, beautiful hair is one of their most prized treasures. It takes a really special child to realize that something as simple as a haircut can be a gift to a child in need!
This week, The B Fund is highlighting Carly, a 7-and-a-half-year-old who decided to donate her hair. She wanted to help out kids with cancer, so she decided her hair was the perfect way to use her time, talents, and treasures to help others! Carly was able to give eight inches of hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
For this program, Pantene partners with The American Cancer Society to accept 8-inch hair donations to create wigs for women battling cancer. To date, Pantene has received over 800,000 ponytails of hair to make wigs!
So who is this incredible child? Here are some fun facts about Carly!
- Carly’s favorite color is light blue.
- Her favorite food is yogurt.
- Her favorite movie is High School Musical and her favorite song is Fabulous!
- When she’s not performing acts of kindness, you can find Carly playing with her favorite toy, Splat Balls.
- The three words that Carly would use to describe herself are funny, kind, and independent.
- When she grows up, she wants to be a school teacher.
Carly’s decision to donate her hair demonstrates The B Fund’s mission to use one’s time, talents, and treasures to help children in need. Not only did she help a child with cancer, but she made a personal sacrifice of her own hair to do so. Her selflessness is an inspiration to us all.
Do you know a child who’s performing acts of kindness? Nominate them for our “Be Inspired” feature! Email us at email@example.com to learn more.